Sunday, December 26, 2010

India

I have been fairly busy since my last post. I finished yet another semester in school and only have one more till i graduate. Weird feeling. And i have traveled across the world to India with a team from my church (121 Community Church) which has since produced a such a big passion within me for missions and India. I have been so blessed by these experiences. So here goes nothing. Enjoy =)

----

INDIA

A little taste of the streets of Delhi:





















Our sweet, new church friends we visited on our
first Sunday within the slums of Delhi:

















Sweet faces we met while visiting
the slum schools put on through
Cooperative Outreach of India (C.O.I)
one of 121's mission partners.





















These people below have left such an impact on me
and our whole team. They are such warriors in the
faith beyond which i had never seen before. We were so
blessed to be able to meet so many amazing warriors
of faith while in India. Their little lights shine SO
immensely brightly in such a dark world.
















The temple we prayer walked while in Delhi
was one of the most impacting things for me.
This place solidified for me how many people
really are lost in India and has left a huge weight
of prayer on my heart for the people ever since:
















We hired local Delhi train station workers
to ensure that our 22 bags weighing over
50+ pounds each, full of supplies for the retreat
and our belongings would make it through
the chaos of the train station to our train.
But we were taken by surprise when
they loaded sometimes more than 1 bag on
top a workers head and then walked them
through the chaotic crowd.




















We stayed in Ramnigar, India at Jim
Corbit National Park for a retreat we led
for the local India missionaries through the
International Mission Board (I.M.B.)
The whole area was absolutely breath-
takingly beautiful!





















I had the opportunity to ride my first elephant
while at the retreat center. It was nerve racking
but quite fun!















We heard many of stories of local tiger attacks
while at the retreat center. Luckily even with our
Tiger safari we got to go on this is the closest
we got to any type of tiger while in Ramnigar.
Which i was 150% okay with! =)














Ramnigar train station:





















We ran into so many sweet kids
while in India. It was so hard not
to take each and everyone home with
us, especially the street kids. These
two beggar boys were just handed
a couple of our American crackers.
I've never seen two faces so happy.




















One of my favorite things to do on
the India trains was to hang out
of the doors and watch the country
side go by. Such an adrenaline rush
and is way worth the danger of falling
out.



















------

We were so blessed to have our camera guy from our Church, Matt Coleman go with us to India. He filmed most of what we did, saw and experienced while there and produced two videos from it. So i hope you enjoy getting a taste of India and our trip. I was so immensely blessed by it in ways i am still trying to form words to explain. These videos can much better explain our experiences than i can myself at this point. The Lord is so good and is moving so much! Unfortinlty i have no clue how to upload them on this page so i have provided a link where you can watch them.

Video 1 Link:
http://vimeo.com/17066177

Video 2 Link:
http://vimeo.com/17242499


---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that trip looks awesome! It is so amazing what God has allowed you to do in your life! What an inspiration! I want to be able to impact the lives of others that way! Thanks so much for sharing!