Sunday, February 13, 2011

4 weeks down, 12 more to go...

Well.. here i am.. four weeks into my last semester at DBU. It is bitter sweet most definitely. I will miss all these people that have become my family for the past 3 years ... although it feels like it has been much longer for some reason... I now find that while i am hanging out with friends, going to the cafe, doing all nighters, and homework late into the night with my DBU girls i am trying to just soak it all up knowing how much i will miss it when i am done. I think that is what is helping me hold on! Because honestly this is by far my hardest semester to date. Along with 12 hours of class, 2 internships and a 10 hour a day, 20 a week part time nanny job, my plate is full! Because of my schedule i start and finish homework late into the night and tend to get little sleep. But through it all the Lord has been so faithful! One thing i have been adiment about is that i always spend time with the Lord, no matter how late, no matter how tired. Trust me there are nights that they are MUCH shorter, or i make myself do it BEFORE homework so i know i will do it. But even when i fall asleep, or am just too plain exhausted. He has been romancing my heart through it all. Encouraging me when i think i can't take it all anymore. In fact i must confess this weekend was a tough one. I had pushed myself SO incredibly hard during this past week literally to exhaustion and it overwhelmed me knowing i had 12 more weeks of this to go. And to top it off I missed an important event at my church that i really wanted to be at due to said exhaustion. I felt so guilty for missing it, and even more so when i went to church this morning. But the Lord was still faithful. He reminded me that i need to keep to the goal i have this semester, to graduate. And that i am serving HIM and not anyone else and this what He has for me at this season of life. To hear his words "this is just a difficult season in your life, you won't always be here, you can't always be everywhere all at once my dear, that is my job." Just released all guilt, anxiety, and stress i had once had. So as i look towards this next week, a mound of undone homework, and a week of sleepless nights again. I cling to 3 amazing verses that will pretty much be my life verses till i walk that stage.

Exodus 14:14 - "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Exodus 33:14 - " The Lord replied, My presence will go with you, and i will give you rest."

2 Corinthians 12:10 - "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

----
Till this season is over i will keep spending my sweet moments with the Lord. To be honest there is no greater feeling than having a rough day and being able to hand it all over to Him and start new again. Without Him this semester i would most definitely quit it all. But with Him i know i will be just fine. To be honest i am kinda grateful for this hard semester, otherwise i wouldn't get these sweet moments with my Jesus. So my encouragement for all of y'all reading is to find a college student close to you and encourage them... its not as fun and easy as it looks. ;-)

2 comments:

erin.n.walsh said...

We are blessed to have you in our lives and we can talk this week about what makes sense and what is manageable for you. We can make whatever we need to work! XO

Toyin O. said...

In those tough moments is when we realize that God can be strong in our weakness, hang in there:)